Slideshow

Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Project

A couple of weeks ago I asked my kids (Kennedy wasn't home but at dance practice, and Crew, well he just doesn't really talk quite yet) what they wanted for lunch. Hunter said he wanted a cheese sandwich (which meant he wanted a grilled cheese sandwich.) So I made him a grilled cheese sandwich. I sat down to eat with him (I can't remember what I had--probably something a little healthier). When I finished I started to clean up lunch when I heard Hunter say, "Dad, look! I made a boat!"

I turned around and saw his masterpiece
which was grilled sandwich with some bites out of the 'diagonal' part of his sandwich. "That looks awesome Hunter," I said--and the idea was born. Hunter's imagination had sparked an interest in me. That interest egged me on to make a children's book about Hunter, my four year old son.

I can't quite show you what the cover will look like, but I'm telling you, it's going to be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment