Slideshow

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My First Post

So here I am, blogging. The world of blogging boggles my mind. Kira, my precious and most wonderful wife, is the great blogger of the family. I've been intimidated by it mostly because I didn't write. But things have changed. I've finished writing a book. I had always wanted to write a book and regret for not having done it earlier in life. I probably wouldn't have much trouble knowing how to write if I had started earlier in life, but that's okay. As long as I keep writing I think I'll be okay. So anyway, back to my book. When visiting with one of my friends and found out she was writing a book I said, "I've always wanted to write a book." She replied excitedly, "You should."

With a lot of motivation and brainstorming with my wife I came up with an idea and began writing. My book is a Young Adult Sci-fi/Fantasy that really gets me excited when I talk about it. I just hope that it will someday arrive on the shelves of many bookstores.

I have just recently signed up for a writer's conference and I'm really excited for it. I'll be taking classes from David Farland. If you're a writer, I suggest signing up for David's 'Daily Kick in the Pants' writing updates for great techniques on how to write.

I want to make this a place where people will come and see what in the world Jay's been doing in the writing world kind of place. So come beck once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment