Slideshow

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Writing Know How

So from what I've heard from around there from friends and others that have already gone through the processes of becoming published (I am thinking positively because that's a dream of mine), I've briefly researched the internet and have found that it's very helpful to get an agent to represent and sell your book. Like I said in my previous post, I've signed up for a writer's conference in June and I am looking forward to it. I thought about sending some queries to some agents just to try it out and see where it would take me. I sent out three email queries. Of the three queries I sent I heard from one of them, and unfortunately I was rejected. Although my heart almost skipped a beat when I saw his reply in my email, the result was that he didn't think my book would be a good project for him then. He was very cordial and ended his response with hopes that I would find the right agent. I'm grateful for that experience. You're probably reading this and thinking that I don't know what I'm doing, and you are right. This is a first for me. But There's isn't anything I haven't accomplished that I've put my effort into (oh, except those piano lessons. I wish I would have stuck with them.)

If you have any insights on writing a book, publishing, or literary agents, then don't hesitate to contact me.

And I will keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment